Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com The Barnyard: Let's Invent The News

Monday, November 05, 2007

Let's Invent The News

Michelle Malkin has a round up on this nutty story out of Birmingham, Al. where I am essentially from. ABC had a plot to hire gay and lesbian actors/actresses to kiss and otherwise show affection to each other in public in order to judge reactions to homosexuality in the South with hidden cameras. The local Fox affiliate busted them, hee, good for them. Funny Birmingham has a fairly large gay community with their hangouts, gay PDA is nothing new and polite southerners just avert their eyes and steer their children away. They have their gay bars and leave the rednecks alone so we left them alone. They are such a small minority there that the radicalism of San Francisco is not present. I don't know what ABC was expecting to catch, redneck hate speech maybe for a piece about how southerners are bigoted homophobes. Sorry ABC, fake news hit pieces are not well responded to, in fact trying to bait people into a negative reaction as part of a radical agenda is downright sleazy gotcha yellow journalism. Way to go, thats the way to gain marketshare in a booming region.

3 comments:

Gayle said...

What an absolutely infantile idea! What in the world are they thinking? Do they suppose that we stare and make lewd or otherwise hateful comments? Good grief! The worst thing I ever did to a gay person was throw up in her lap when she stuck her tongue in my ear. LOL! I didn't know she was a lesbian and I let her drive me home because I was sick. I gotta tell you she never tried it again! :)

Goat said...

I know Gayle, the MSM is nuts, I have gay cousins and friends in Al. an ex-girlfriend and I used to swap dinner parties with a gay couple in B'ham, good food and good friends. They knew I thought their life style was wrong in my Christian beliefs but we had enough in common to enjoy their company and have alot of fun times, very decent polite folks.

Anonymous said...

of course goat, like all good christians, you are following how you were raised - you hate the sin, not the sinner. there is nothing contradictory in having friends who have chosen the gay lifestyle over the straight.

there is something very contradictory in saying "we support the gay community" and then trying to get people to disparage that community. it accomplishes nothing but more divisiveness.

well, i guess it always contrives an area where someone who is manipulative could say "see, i knew those southerners were still all biggoted homophobes!" hmmm, maybe it does accomplish what they want it to, after all...