Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com The Barnyard: Super Super Bowl

Sunday, February 03, 2008

Super Super Bowl

I watched over at a friend's with a big screen and grilled some steaks. I think the Giants played an inspired game. It was one of the Best I can remember and that is all I was looking for, not having a favorite. It had some big plays, hardnosed defense and tough drives at key moments, absolutely great game. Congratulations to the Giants and their fans for a highlight reel finish in their post season run, and condolences to the Patriots and theirs after a splendid season, no reason to hang your heads.
Did Manning get the MVP? I didn't/haven't heard as I type, he deserves it. The Giants defense really stepped up to the job and did what no other team has been able to do this season and stop Brady, not an easy task and deserve high praise. That is what Super Bowls are supposed to be like if you ask me, one for the story books.
Sidenotes: I thought the girl that sang the Anthem did a fine job, beautiful voice, she just sang it and didn't interprete it, best in several years. I don't like Tom Petty at all but again ge is a far sight better than the last few. I guess it gives concessions time to clear the crowd when half the stadium hits the lines for beer and food. Anyway, great game and that is all can ask.
Oh, and I bet New York is rocking !

No comments: