Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com The Barnyard: FRC Conference: Updated

Friday, October 19, 2007

FRC Conference: Updated

I listening to some of the speeches by presidential candidates and others and so far the most powerful and best speakers have been Star Parker and Rabbi Daniel Lapin of Toward Tradition. I have enjoyed reading Rabbi Lapin many times but had never heard him speak and wow is he good, humor, powerful imagery, highly intellectual and charismatic. He talks about America rooted in the Bible and how our founders all knew Hebrew so they could read the Bible in its original language, it seems ancient Israel played an important role in our very foundations as a Nations. I would go to Synogogue just to hear him speak, far better than any sermon I have heard in church.

Star Parker is a dynamo with a compelling life story, from the dregs of multiple abortions, drugs, crime and welfare to speak here on God the Bible and life issues. As a black women that has been there and done that she now works to restore the black family and save her people from the fate she once suffered.

Update: Mitt Romney just got done speaking and got far more applause than McCain, Fred Thompson and Ron Paul combined, the only other candidates I heard though I hear Tancredo gave a barnburner, and almost coronation type music at the close. This was Mitt's element talking God, country and family and the crowd ate it up, he was on with every line getting cheers and applause and came across as concerned but upbeat and positive, Fred and John were subdued and downbeat, and Ron Paul was great till he got to the war effort. I like alot of what Dr. Paul has to say, he is just so backwards on what I don't like, like the war effort and I think the crowd agreed with me.

No comments: