Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com The Barnyard: Why I Like Mitt Romney

Friday, October 26, 2007

Why I Like Mitt Romney


A friend in Boston pointed me to Mitt years ago in arguments on Bill O'Reilly's forums when he was first running for Gov., Lisa, now one of my cobloggers. I looked and researched and was totally persuaded by her arguments to give him a double take and this was in '02-'03. Yea Mitt has moved to the right on some key social issues but isn't that a good thing given the deep conservatism of his faith? I don't see Mitt swerving left once elected, he is clean as a whistle and just as sharp, he is leading in all the early states, I don't understand the reluctance over this outstanding candidate.
Anyway, Jeanne Cummings writing for The Politico has a very good feature article on my man Mitt Romney and highlights the reasons why he is the GOP's best man. I urge you to read it, it explains many of my reasons very well.

Mitt Romney built a fortune by taking over troubled companies and making the tough business decisions and shrewd financial adjustments to turn them into winning investments for himself and investors in his firm, Bain Capital.

In similar ways, Romney is applying the same tactics in his quest to win the 2008 Republican Party primary and the White House.

And, as we enter the final push before primary votes are cast, Romney has accomplished a remarkable objective: He has gone from being a little-known governor of a liberal-leaning Democratic state to the leading Republican candidate in public opinion polls in both critical early-primary states, New Hampshire and Iowa.

I honestly don't understand the reluctance to get behind Mitt. He has foresworn salary and signed a pledge to not raise taxes, he wants to give back to his country that has given he and his family so much with his much needed talents. Mitt knows how to manage big money and I would love for him to get his hands on DC and the Swamp. Bingo, do you see the opposition light now, you should, the porkbusters in congress support Mitt, led by Jim DeMint, the old dogs Fred, the emotional Rudy. Do you want a President that will clean up Washinton cess pools? Support Mitt Romney.

3 comments:

Trader Rick said...

Nobody is going to clean up Washington...so:

NOBODY FOR PRESIDENT!!

We're Back!

Go Gators!!

Ron Simpson said...

I decided long ago, when he was Governor, that I would vote for him for President if he ran. I am a Mitt fan.

Goat said...

Welcome to the Barnyard Ron.