Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com The Barnyard: A Must Read

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

A Must Read

This is from one of my coblogger Bar's friends in Israel and is a beautiful powerful post.

The long history of a people that sprouts from a single family, thirty seven centuries ago, is not free from the onslaught of recurrent threats to its very existence. The great paradox of its survival, the Jewish People is instructed not to rely on miracles, yet survives through a permanent miracle.

Within the scope of memory, a memory of witnesses and protagonists still alive as these lines are being written, two major instances have defied the survival of the children of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob: the Holocaust, and Assimilation. These two palpable realities sum up the two necessary elements necessary for Jewish survival: the physical and the spiritual realms.

6 comments:

AmPowerBlog said...

Interesting Goat...

Have a great day.

Gayle said...

In addition, that link to you will be left on the Liberal Lunacy post regarding Hillary, which I'm going to leave up top for awhile.

Gayle said...

Oops! I don't see the first comment I left here! I messed up. :(

The first comment was: I saw this video on someone else's blog. She does indeed need to be put in jail... for a long, long time!

(Now the "in addition" comment makes sense.) Sorry.

Gayle said...

Goat, please forgive me. I must need more coffee. I've now entirely screwed up your comment thread by commenting on the wrong post!

I deserve 30 lashes with a wet noodle. :(

Eitan Ha'ahzari said...

Goat: thanks for posting that! I actually "borrowed" it from Mr. Rabinovich's blog(see my blogroll; I'm not too good with HTML...sorry) And one more thing: sadly enough, I've made yerida(returned from Israel; the opposite of Aliya). It's a very negative thing to do according to Halacha and it surely was a very difficult decision but G-d willing, we(the wife and I) will return to Israel ASAP.

I'll be reading more of your posts.
Be well!

Goat said...

Gayle, no problem hon, you are a dear just the same.
Eitan, it is a great piece and welcome to the Barnyard, visit often and feel free to jump into the conversation. Blogger handles most HTML problems with their handy toolbar on the notepad making it a copy and paste process.
Donald I thought so as well.