Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com The Barnyard: Sarah Palin On Hugh Hewitt's Show: Updated

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Sarah Palin On Hugh Hewitt's Show: Updated

Finally the McCain team is turning the Barracuda loose on talk radio, she was on Hugh's show yesterday and I understand she was with Sean Hannity today. She needs to work this circuit hard the next few weeks since the GOP base is more likely to tune into talk radio than network news shows, Rush, Hugh, Laura Ingraham, Sean, Dennis Prager, Michael Medved and others have a huge combined audience and much influence with the base. She has a great voice and radio persona, listen for yourself, love that accent. The transcript is here but I will tease you with a snippet where she skewers Obama on his votes against the Born Alive Infant Protection Act and his support for partial birth abortion.

HH: Governor, let’s turn to a couple of issues that the MSM’s not going to pick up. You’re pro-life, and how much of the virulent opposition to you on the left do you attribute to your pro-life position, and maybe even to the birth of, your decision, your and Todd’s decision to have Trig?

SP: Yeah, you know, I think that that’s been probably the most hurtful and nonsensical slap that we’ve been taking is our position that we have taken, pro-life, me personally, and saying that you know, even though I knew that 13 weeks along that Trig would be born with Down Syndrome, and I said you know, he’s still going to be a most precious ingredient in this sometimes messed-up world that we live in. I know that my son is going to provide a lot of hope and a lot of promise in this world, and I’m so thankful of course that I’ve had the opportunity to give him life and to bring him into this world. But I think yeah truly, that that’s been a hurtful slap that we have taken, because people just don’t understand. Ironic too, Hugh, that some would consider my position on life and trying to usher in a culture of life, respecting the sanctity of life in America, that that is seen as an extreme position when to me, an extreme position is one that Barack Obama took when he was in the Illinois State Senate, not even supporting a measure that would ban partial birth abortion, not even supporting a measure that would during, after a botched abortion and that baby’s born alive, allowing medical care to cease and allowing that baby to die. That to me is extreme. That’s so far, far left it’s certainly out of the mainstream of America. To me, that is the extreme position, not my position of just wanting that culture of life to be respected, and not wanting government to sanction the idea of ending life.

Obama is also against things like parental notification laws and for taxpayer funding of abortion, she's right that is the more extreme position.

It is a very good interview and I urge my readers to listen to it or at least read the transcript. She is one of us and the Beltway media elites hate her for it as much as they hate us. She is not the inarticulate rube the MSM wants to portray her as since she may not know the name of some obscure foreign minister. She does not need to be an expert on everything since that is what they have staff and Cabinets for. What is important is her judgement and character something she and John McCain have in reams and is completely lacking in Obama and Biden.

Update: Here is a brief clip from Hannity's show discussing energy independence. She sounds fired up and ready to go to me.

The rest can be found at Sean's homepage.

1 comment:

Gayle said...

When she is allowed to be herself she is outstanding, Goat!

Tonight's debate will be very interesting. Go, Sarah!