Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com The Barnyard: US Open Sunday

Sunday, June 15, 2008

US Open Sunday

Unreal, Tiger needed to roll in a fifteen foot birdie putt on the 18th to force a playoff with Rocco Mediate and did it so we go to 18 more tomorrow between this unlikely pairing. Rocco is a short hitting journeyman and Tiger is well,Tiger, the long hitting number 1 player in the world and one of the best to ever walk down the fairway of a major championship.
I know if my father was still here we would have played this morning and then settled in over BBQ and beer to watch with rapt attention. It was through the game of golf that we were able to repair our fractured relationship and to become father and son once again. Our love of the game would find us on the course when only devoted addicts would pick up the clubs and head to the links. I will always miss him but the lessons he tought me will always remain a part of me.
Pops, I know you are watching from on high so heres to you, Happy Father's Day!

1 comment:

Gayle said...

I really like Tiger Woods, but I actually know nothing about golf, Goat. I do know several golf jokes though. :)