Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com The Barnyard: Saturday Roundup

Saturday, August 09, 2008

Saturday Roundup

My best friend just got back from a fishing trip to Alaska with a load of fresh salmon and halibut so I went over to his place to pig out on grilled fresh salmon, now I have eaten plenty of salmon caught here in the delta but nothing like this, YUMMMMM.

I could care less about the John Edwards affair so don't expect me to write anything about it.

I don't care about the Olympics other than to hope Team USA does well and I hear the Chinese put on quite a show to open them, heck, after all they invented fireworks.

Obama wore his weak show out so he had to run away to Hawaii for a nice long break befor his coronation speech in Denver. I guess he decided he didn't need anymore stupid gaffes before then and then he is scheduled to head off to Switzerland to hobnob with other worldly celebrities. I guess us bitter Bible thumping gun clinging Americans aren't worthy of the One's time.

Russia bombs civilians in Georgia, so where are the world wide street protests or are those only for the US when we take out tyrants like Saddam?

And finally the GOP starts to make inroads into the black community with this dynamic woman running for a House seat in Georgia, Deborah Honeycutt. The GOP message of empowerment and freedom will resonate with many blacks if we just make the outreach needed and this is how to do it.

No comments: